It is extremely important when buying a rural property that the appropriate warranties are granted from the Seller to the Buyer. The following clause best sums it up:
I/We _______________________, the Sellers in the transaction, hereby warrant to the Buyers with respect to the domestic water supply and domestic water supply system, that:
- The water supply is capable of supplying an adequate flow (a minimum five (5) gallons per minute);
- The water provided is potable on a year-round basis;
- The Seller is not aware of any contamination or impurities in the water;
- The Buyer will have a reasonable opportunity to enter on the property for purposes of obtaining water samples;
- The normal water tests will show either a “0-0” reading or an acceptable reading as defined by the Ministry;
- There are no unsafe contaminants to a level deemed unacceptable under the “Drinking Water Objectives”;
- The water is completely clear, clean and free of any displeasing colour or smell;
- The pump, holding, pressure and distribution systems all perform adequately, have been properly maintained and repaired and will be in good operating condition on closing;
- The well is situated entirely within the limits of the subject property;
- The well services only the subject premises and is not a communal well; and
- The well is a dug or drilled well, not from a water source such as a river, spring lake, stream or other surface water.
Knowledge is Power, which results in more business! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.
Referrals are the lifeblood of our business. If your clients, family or friends are in the process of buying, selling or refinancing Real Estate, our greatest compliment would be a recommendation from you. We are never too busy for your referrals!
Watch for more Travers Tidbits to follow each month!